If anyone thinks seniors aren’t tuned into the digital revolution, think again! Americans over 50 have long since embraced all manner of online media, and a majority of Baby Boomers note that viewing video online is a daily activity. Gavin O’Malley wrote a comprehensive article in Online Media Daily about this subject that you can read in its entirety here, but here are a few highlights:
- “Older consumers are fully invested in digital media,” per Mark Bradbury from AARP.
- 75% of Boomers and 68% of seniors take some kind of action after viewing a video. From a simple comment to actually purchasing something, they don’t just watch and leave.
- Over half (57%) were inspired to visit a retailer and 37% called a business or organization after watching a particular video.
- YouTube is the preferred video source among Boomers and seniors
- Search is one of the top two online activities, and a whopping 97% of both cite Facebook as their #1 most-used social networking site.
The takeaway: Video is a viable tool to get your business found and every demographic uses it to find products and services!